Alex Nordlinger is an experienced department lead, engineering manager, and web/mobile application developer with over ten years of professional technical experience, including:
● Managed teams of internal and remote developers spanning multiple platforms including frontend and backend web development, mobile application development for iOS/Android, and DevOps engineers.
● Communicate directly with company directors and contribute to high-level planning and strategy to fulﬁl missions and goals.
● Deliver on-time and budget appropriate products to solve highly complex technological obstacles.
● Implement application appropriate software design patterns including SOLID, ONION, and DDD architecture.
● Lead, direct, and mentor engineering team personnel for building reliable, long-term, and strategic technology products utilizing all forms of project management tools and systems.
● Built scalable and testable solutions to meet the needs of complex technology stacks involving software architectures, frontend UX solutions, and infrastructure.
● Fluent in multiple programming languages and frameworks for all devices and platforms, experienced in all aspects of backend reliability and modularity, unit and integration testing, and strong familiarity with devops tools and practices.
SR. MANAGER OF ENGINEERING
EXPLORE.ORG | SANTA MONICA, CA | FEB. 2015 - APRIL 2019
Took over remote development team and founded the ﬁrst internal engineering department at explore.org, a division of the $2b funded Annenberg Foundation in Los Angeles.
▪ Built new features and supported technology stacks used to stream hundreds of live camera feeds from across the globe to end users through multiple streaming platforms.
▪ Spearheaded and grew the engineering department to ﬁve internal and four remote web, mobile, and devops engineers.
▪ Launched a full frontend redesign, backend overhaul, and infrastructure upgrade utilizing modern technologies and plugins such as PHP with Laravel framework, JS/ES6 with React, and managed containerized environments with Docker / Kubernetes hosted through AWS.
▪ Implemented structured testing, scalability and security strategies to support long term growth and efﬁciency.
▪ Responsible for budgeting, stafﬁng, managing, supporting, and outlining projects and future endeavors.
FULL STACK / MOBILE DEVELOPER
SELF | LOS ANGELES, CA | OCT. 2014 - FEB. 2015
● Using Laravel 4 PHP framework coupled with MySQL, developed fully RESTful API deployed on Amazon AWS for self-funded iOS scheduling application.
● Created simple solutions for complex issues such as multiple friend requests and relationships, scheduling conﬂicts across multiple users, and alerts.
● Using AngularJS, CSS and HTML, developed UI for iOS application deployed with the Cordova mobile application platform.
QUEST NUTRITION | LOS ANGELES, CA | SEPT. 2013 - OCT. 2014
Projected revenue for 2014 - $400m
● Built ﬁtness web app (to be converted to a native iOS app in the future)
○ Running on a LAMP stack using the Symfony2 framework
○ Used memcache and solr for search indexing
○ AngularJS for the front end
○ Symfony2 platform is pure API that returns either xml or json data so that the application can be used from any front end platform (web app, iOS app, Android app, etc.)
○ Built custom form to handle large amounts of submissions in a short period of time
○ Hosted form on AWS, and iFramed it into our main magento website
○ Cached POST request in json formatted ﬁle to an S3 bucket
○ Built custom queueing system so that only a certain amount of submissions could be entered into the DB (to protect against server crashing) that was ﬁred off by a cron job.
● Handled hundreds of thousands of users and millions of orders in Magento, and integrated it with an order fulﬁllment platform.
● Developed MySQL database to house large amounts of data which is optimized with a memcache server.
F2M2 | LOS ANGELES, CA | AUG. 2012 - SEPT. 2013
● Specialize in building RESTful API’s using PHP and MySQL.
● Expert knowledge with using MVC PHP frameworks such as Codeigniter, Laravel.
● Built large scale internal product shipping application for Red Bull international using PHP with Codeigniter and MySQL.
● Experience in using front end frameworks such as ember.js.
● Sole developer building a custom Arduino product that uses ultrasonic sensors to detect the presence of a car in the company’s parking lot which then communicates with a RESTful API to alert a backend service whether or not a parking spot is currently occupied. No prior C experience beforehand.
● Developed MySQL database to house large data sets.
F2M2 | LOS ANGELES, CA | DEC. 2011 - AUG. 2012
● Performed maintenance on back-end using .NET.
TBWA\CHIAT\DAY | LOS ANGELES, CA | NOV. 2010 - DEC. 2011
● Completed over ten projects for clients including Visa, Nissan, Inﬁniti, Gatorade and Energizer.
● Lead Developer for www.myversaroadtrip.com, a large promotional contest launched for Nissan USA that features a build-your-own road trip using Google Maps ﬂybys. Designed and built the database, using LAMP, to accommodate large sets of data, such as social media data from Facebook, and Google Maps coordinates for the maps.
● Designed and built a large scale MySQL database to store incoming social media data (Facebook, Flickr, Youtube) and instructed a team of eight developers in use of database.
SHOPIT.COM | LOS ANGELES, CA | SUMMER 2007 & 2008
● Collaborated with a small team of developers of a brand new startup to revolutionize and integrate social media with e-commerce.
TRAILER PARK | LOS ANGELES, CA | SUMMER 2006
● Learned skills to cut-and-code web pages using Photoshop and Illustrator.
▪ HTML / CSS
▪ Laravel, Symfony, Magento
▪ ReactJS / React Native, VueJS
▪ Docker / Vagrant
▪ AWS / Cloud hosting / Kubernetes
Copyright © E•Resonate Media Corporation - All Rights Reserved.